21 Oct 2015

everyday creative - thoughts of Christmas

 

* The Christmas bush outside my bedroom window as it sheds it's cream Spring garb and tries on the  Summer flush for size. The blush and cream  inspire me as my head starts to slowly fill with ideas of Christmas.  A more fitting colour palette for an Aussie Christmas don't you think?

* Noticing the light on the babies' tree blocks. It's golden and warm but I know only too well that soon it will be harsh and glaring and the accompanying humidity will disrupt our sleep. It's nice to capture it and think of the Summer adventures to come. Over the next few weeks I will hunt  for a large piece of gnarled driftwood. We will sand it back, rub golden beeswax balm into its grain and add it to their natural play space. An arching bridge to another land, a stage, a home for little woollen friends....

* The small beginnings of a nativity scene. While little ones slept a few felts were chosen, and a needle threaded. Before the first stitch was made a little voice called for her afternoon milk. I won't view it as a project abandoned, but merely a first step. All was bundled into a small basket and popped on a shelf within easy reach. Tonight, tomorrow, perhaps on the weekend. Slowly, slowly.

Steph x

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes I like that Christmas palette, softer. I do know the harsh Summer sun you mean, this time of year is lovely I only wish it lasted longer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm looking forward to seeing your nativity scene I was just thinking of doing this too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x