1 Apr 2015

small accomplishments - potting plants


There is an undeniable sense of satisfaction that comes from a freshly potted plant. Mismatched earthen pots with mossy patinas, rich soil and a tin watering can all elicit such feelings of pleasurable domesticity. I get dirt under my fingernails as I kneel on the earth to strike small jade cuttings. There's a creeping thyme for the windowsill; a few small rocks at the bottom to help with drainage. And a butterfly plant to perhaps add some green to the bookshelf.

A few minutes of quiet business in the morning sun and I feel as if I've achieved something for the day. A tangible result to my simple activity that uncounted breast feeds, baskets of folded washing and the daily stoop and put away dance can never achieve. With a start and finish - a before and after, three small potted plants fill me with a definite sense of accomplishment. It will be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so positiv and help us to do the same.
    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x